Mobile Banking Is Easy and Secure!
Below are some FAQ's specifically for Mobile Banking that covers a number of common questions you may have.
Q: What is American State Bank Mobile Banking?
A: With American State Bank Mobile Banking, you can be sure that your banking activities are with you at all times. You can securely access your American State Bank accounts from your mobile device to check account balances, pay bills, transfer funds, find your nearest branch or ATM and more.
Q: Why should I use American State Bank Mobile Banking?
A: Simply put – convenience! Here are just a few ways it can come in handy:
- Make a quick check on your account balance to make sure you have enough money before you make a purchase.
- Get in tune with your spending habits by checking and reviewing your transaction history.
- Ensure that you’re never late on any of your bills by making a quick and easy bill payment from your phone.
- Deposit checks directly from your phone via Snap Deposit.
- Find the nearest ATM or branch hours so you can plan your day.
Q: Is there any cost for American State Bank Mobile Banking?
A: Our mobile banking is absolutely free – even more reason to get started today. (Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile service provider plan for details.)
Q: How can I get American State Bank Mobile Banking?
A: It’s really easy! You need to be enrolled in Online Banking before you download the mobile app. Once you are enrolled in Online Banking, go to the "App Store" on your mobile phone or tablet. Search American State Bank and locate our logo. Then click "get" and then "install". Follow the instructions on your mobile device to continue the install process.
Q: Is my mobile device secure to use?
A: Rest assured. Mobile is safe to use!
- Smartphones such as iPhones, Android and Blackberry have very controlled and secure operating systems.
- Mobile Banking uses 128-bit SSL encryption just like Online Banking – which basically encrypts and protects any transmission of data including customer account information.
- Mobile Banking uses strong Firewalls just like Online Banking – which protects from unauthorized or malicious intrusion.
- Mobile Banking uses your Username & Password for access, just like Online Banking. And just like with Online Banking, your account will lock down after several incorrect attempts from your mobile device
- Mobile banking uses additional Security Q&A authentication for initial access to your account
Q: What if my phone gets lost or stolen?
A: Your mobile banking access is still secured.
- No personal information from your Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone. Your password is never stored.
- Your login session automatically times out after a specific period of inactivity.
Q: Why can’t I simply use my computer to access by account?
A: You certainly can use your computer. But you’ll really miss out on all the FREE benefits of Mobile Banking to keep you secure.
- You can check your money at any time of the day. You’ll never need to worry about unauthorized activity on your bank account.
- You can also easily set up text and email alerts, and you’ll always be in the know.
Still have questions about Mobile Banking? Feel free to call us at 1-800-805-4649 and a team member will be happy to help.